Have you read the book Content Rules yet?
Well, you should. If only for the section from Chapter 4: “Speak Human: How do you differentiate your content?”.
It’s about how content should always sound like an actual person wrote it, which seems simple enough but can be hard to achieve.
Here are some tips from Content Rules on how to speak human:
- Be conversational. Write the way you talk.
- Avoid marketing speak and jargon. No one really talks like that.
- Don’t worry about being perfect. Just create something remarkable and no one will care that you started a sentence with a conjunction.
- Ban these words: Synergy, Impactful, and Proactive.
- Most importantly, lighten up, relax, and have fun.